Direct Replacement - NO Drilling Needed
Includes 2 Ball Bearings
Handle Arm is NOT Included & is NOT Needed
Replacement Light Weight Round Power Knob Adapter Kit for Shimano Talica 2 Speed Reels.
Fits TALICA 8ii 10ii 12ii 16ii 20ii 25ii TWO 2 Speed Reels
Handle Blank is NOT Included
Proper Installation Requires the Use of Loctite BLUE 242.
Prior to your purchase,
please read the notes below to ensure successful installation.
In order to determine if the replacement knob will fit your model reel, you must first remove the knob attached to you reel. If the knob can not be remove simply with a screw driver, the replacement knob can NOT be installed on you reel handle.
After removing the knob on your reel, you must inspect the spindle to confirm the following characteristics.
1. The tip of the spindle accepts a small screw.
2. The base of the spindle will accept a 5mm ID diameter Ball Bearing.
3. The spindle shaft diameter is 4mm maximum.
4. The length of the spindle shaft is between 27.5mm and 28mm.
Please feel free to contact me if you have a reel spindle which does not confirm to the 4 points shown above. I may be able to provide you with knob for your reel.
These Knobs are extremely comfortable & lightweight, about 1oz. They come in 3 Colors: BLACK, GOLD & SILVER
Light Weight Aluminum Power Knob Adapter Kit for Shimano Talica 2 Speed Reels.
The Adapter Kit consists of the following components:
Round Aluminum Knob - 44mm (1.73")
1 Ball Bearing - 5mm x 10mm x 3mm
Stainless Steel Retainer
1 Ball Bearing - 4mm x 10mm x 3mm
2.5mm Phillips Screw
Prior to the installation of the Adapter Kit, the original knob must be removed from the reel handle. The removal of the original knob as well as the installation of the Adapter Kit requires the simple use of only a small phillips screw driver and some Loctite 242 Blue.
Instructions for Aluminum Knob for Shimano Talica 2 Speed Reels
Application of Loctite Blue 242
Careful application of the Loctite to your Adapter Kit knob is necessary to assure proper operation. Please review these following points prior to the installation of the knob.
1. Using a tooth pick, paper clip or straight pin, push a drop or two of the Loctite down into the threaded hole of the handle spindl. Remove the excess from the side and top of the spindle.
2. Place some Loctite on the threads of the screw. The Loctite should cover the entire circumference of the screw.
3. Without installing the knob, tighten down the screw into the handle spindle, leaving about .25" of thread exposed. Wipe off the excess Loctite from the exposed area and from under the head of the screw. Let the screw/shank set up for several hours.
4. Remove the screw from the shank. There will be some resistance to the removal. This resistance is necessary in order to keep the knob rotating freely while keeping the screw and knob from locking down. The full setting time of the Loctite is about 24 hours. Note, Loctite 242 Blue is not permanent and screw can be removed.
5. Proceed with the installation.
Attaching the Knob.1. Remove the top half of the knob & remove the bearing, retainer & Phillips screw from the cavity.
2. Place the 5mm x 10mm bearing onto the bottom of the handle spindle..
3. Place the bottom half of the knob onto the spindle.
4. Place the retainer and then the 4mm x 10mm bearing into the knob cavity..
5. Install the phillips screw on top of the bearing and tighten down just until the knob does not rotate freely.
6 Then back off on the screw a bit to permit free rotation.
7. Replace the top half of the knob.
NOTE: The knob may not rotate freely when the screw is tightened down. This condition has been implemented by design in order to simplify the installation. Repeat step 6. above
If the Power Knob does not fit your reel, or you are not happy with your purchase, you may return the knob for a full refund.
can bid in confidence - my 99.6% feedback rating speaks for itself.
Furthermore, more than 30% of my customers are repeat customers.
* * * * * * *
Local Pickup: Local pick-up can be arranged.
is by PayPal only. Please make your payment without receiving an
invoice as the shipping process is keyed on and commences with the
receipt of your PayPal payment. If you purchase several items, you may
request an invoice prior to payment.
Feedback: Feedback will gladly be left upon receipt of your feedback.
Click here to see my other auctions.