Replacement Light Weight Round BLACK Aluminum Power Knob Adapter Kit for Shimano TRINIDAD Reels.
Direct Replacement - No Drilling Needed
Fits Shimano TRINIDAD TN10A, TN12A, TN14A, TN16A, TN16NA, TN20A & TN30A Reels.
Also Fits TN12,TN14
TN16, TN16N, TN20 & TN30 Reels.
TN16, TN16N, TN20 & TN30 Reels.
Handle Blank is NOT Included & Not Needed
These Knobs are extremely comfortable & lightweight. They come in 3 colors:
BACK, GOLD & SILVER
Light Weight Aluminum Power Knob Adapter Kit for Select Shimano Spinning Reels Reels.
The Adapter Kit consists of the following components:
Round Aluminum Knob - 44mm (1.73")
1 Ball Bearing - 5mm x 10mm x 3mm
Stainless Steel Retainer
1 Ball Bearing - 4mm x 10mm x 3mm
2.5mm Phillips Screw
Prior to the installation of the Adapter Kit, the original knob must be removed from the reel handle. The removal of the original knob as well as the installation of the Adapter Kit requires the simple use of only a small phillips screw driver and some Loctite 242 Blue.
Instructions for Aluminum Knob for Shimano Trinidad Reels
Application of Loctite Blue 242
Careful application of the Loctite to your Adapter Kit knob is necessary to assure proper operation. Please review these following points prior to the installation of the knob.
1. Using a tooth pick, paper clip or straight pin, push a drop or two of the Loctite down into the threaded hole of the handle spindl. Remove the excess from the side and top of the spindle.
2. Place some Loctite on the threads of the screw. The Loctite should cover the entire circumference of the screw.
3. Without installing the knob, tighten down the screw into the handle spindle, leaving about .25" of thread exposed. Wipe off the excess Loctite from the exposed area and from under the head of the screw. Let the screw/shank set up for several hours.
4. Remove the screw from the shank. There will be some resistance to the removal. This resistance is necessary in order to keep the knob rotating freely while keeping the screw and knob from locking down. The full setting time of the Loctite is about 24 hours. Note, Loctite 242 Blue is not permanent and screw can be removed.
5. Proceed with the installation.
Attaching the Knob
1. Remove the top half of the knob & remove the bearing, retainer & Phillips screw from the cavity.
2. Place the 5mm x 10mm bearing onto the bottom of the handle spindle..
3. Place the bottom half of the knob onto the spindle.
4. Place the retainer and then the 4mm x 10mm bearing into the knob cavity..
5. Install the phillips screw on top of the bearing and tighten down just until the knob does not rotate freely.
6 Then back off on the screw a bit to permit free rotation.
7. Replace the top half of the knob.
NOTE: The knob may not rotate freely when the screw is tightened down. This condition has been implemented by design in order to simplify the installation. Repeat step 6. above
If Needed, Installation Notes Available Upon Request.
Sales Tax: CA Residents Pay 9.25% Sales Tax.
Local Pickup: Local pick-up can be arranged.
Payment: Payment is by PayPal only. Please make your payment without receiving an invoice as the shipping process is keyed on and commences with the receipt of your PayPal payment. If you purchase several items, you may request an invoice prior to payment