Replacement Light Weight Round BLACK EVA Power Knob Adapter Kit with 2 Ball Bearings for Shimano Stella SW Reels.
Direct Replacement - No Drilling Needed
Fits Shimano STELLA 8000, 10000, 18000 & 20000 Spinners.
Handle Blank is NOT Included.
Proper Installation Requires the Use of Loctite BLUE 242.
Prior to your purchase,
please read the notes below to ensure successful installation.
order to determine if the replacement knob will fit your model reel,
you must first remove the knob attached to you reel. If the knob can
not be remove simply with a screw driver, the replacement knob can NOT
be installed on you reel handle.
After removing the knob on your reel, you must inspect the spindle to confirm the following characteristics.
1. The tip of the spindle accepts a small screw.
2. The base of the spindle will accept a 5mm ID diameter Ball Bearing.
3. The spindle shaft diameter is 4.7mm maximum.
4. The length of the spindle shaft is about38mm.
These Knobs are extremely comfortable & lightweight. They come in 3 sizes: 41mm, 44mm & 47mm. The knobs contain 2 bearings
Prior to the installation of the Adapter Kit, the original knob must be removed from the reel handle. The removal of the original knob as well as the installation of the Adapter Kit requires the simple use of only a Phillips screw driver and a slotted screw driver, some Loctite Blue 242, nothing more.
Light Weight EVA Power Knob Adapter Kit for Shimano Stella SW Reels.
The Adapter Kit consists of the following components:
Round EVA Knob - 41mm, 44mm or 47mm
2 Ball Bearings - 5mm x 8mm x 2.5mm
Spacer - 5mm x 8mm x 2.5mm
2.5x8mm Phillips Screw
Prior to the installation of the Adapter Kit, the original knob must be removed from the reel handle. The removal of the original knob as well as the installation of the Adapter Kit requires the simple use of only a small phillips screw driver and some Loctite 242 Blue.
Removal of the original knob.
Using a small phillips screw driver, remove the 2 plate screws and the plate on the knob. Using the small phillips screw driver, pry out the plastic top cap from the knob. With the top cap removed, a phillips screw will be exposed. Removing this screw will permit the knob to be removed from the handle shank.
NOTE: Application of Loctite Blue 242
Careful application of the Loctite to your Adapter Kit knob is necessary to assure proper operation. Please review these following points prior to the installation of the knob.
2. Using a tooth pick, paper clip or straight pin, push a drop or two of the Loctite down into the threaded hole of the handle shank. Remove the excess from the side and top of the spindle.
3. Place some Loctite on the threads of the screw. The Loctite should cover the entire circumference of the screw.
4. Without installing the knob, tighten down the screw into the handle spindle, leaving about .25" of thread exposed. Wipe off the excess Loctite from the exposed area and from under the head of the screw. Let the screw/shank set up for several hours.
5. Remove the screw from the shank. There will be some resistance to the removal. This resistance is necessary in order to keep the knob rotating freely while keeping the screw and knob from locking down. The full setting time of the Loctite is about 24 hours. Note, Loctite 242 Blue is not permanent and screw can be removed.
6. Proceed with the installation.
Attaching the Knob.
1. Place one of the bearings onto the handle shank.
2. Position it at the bottom of the shank.
3..Then place the spacer on top of the bearing.
4. Place the small brass sleeve onto the tip of the shank
5. Place the EVA knob onto the shank.
6. Place the second ball bearing into the knob cavity.
6. Install the phillips screw on top of the bearing and tighten down just until the knob does not rotate freely.
7. Then back off on the screw a bit to permit free rotation.
8. Replace the Top Cap.
NOTE: The knob may not rotate freely when the screw is tightened down. This condition has been implemented by design in order to simplify the installation.
If the Power Knob does not fit your reel, or you are not happy with your purchase, you may return the knob for a full refund.
You can bid in confidence - my 99.6% feedback rating speaks for itself. Furthermore, more than 30% of my customers are repeat customers.
* * * * * * *
Local Pickup: Local pick-up can be arranged.
Payment: Payment is by PayPal only. Please make your payment without receiving an invoice as the shipping process is keyed on and commences with the receipt of your PayPal payment. If you purchase several items, you may request an invoice prior to payment.
Feedback: Feedback will gladly be left upon receipt of your feedback.
Click here to see my other auctions.