Replacement Light Weight Round BLACK EVA Power Knob Adapter Kit for Shimano Torium 16HGA 20HGA 30HGA
Availible in 3 Sizes
Direct Replacement - No Drilling Needed
Handle Blank is NOT Included
These Knobs are extremely comfortable & lightweight. They come in 3 sizes: 41mm, 44mm & 47mm. The knobs do NOT contain bearings but a 2 bearing set is available from my eBay store at a very affordable price.
Prior to the installation of the Adapter Kit, the original knob must be removed from the reel handle. The removal of the original knob as well as the installation of the Adapter Kit requires the simple use of only a Phillips screw driver and a slotted screw driver, some Loctite Blue 242, nothing more.
Light Weight Round EVA Power Knob Adapter Kit for Shimano Torium HGA Reels.
The Adapter Kit consists of the following components:
Round EVA Power Knob - 41mm / Black
Two 5mm x 8mm x 2.5mm Bushing (Ball Bearing Optional)
3mm Phillips Screw
Prior to the installation of the Adapter Kit, the original knob must be removed from the reel handle. The removal of the original knob as well as the installation of the Adapter Kit requires the simple use of only a Phillips screw driver and Loctite 242 Blue, nothing more.
Removal of the original knob.
Using a small phillips screw driver, remove the 2 plate screws and the plate on the knob. Using the small phillips screw driver, pry out the plastic top cap from the knob. With the top cap removed, a phillips screw will be exposed. Removing this screw will permit the knob to be removed from the handle spindle. Keep the screw as it will be used to attach the new knob.
NOTE: Application of Loctite Blue 242
Careful application of the Loctite to your Adapter Kit knob is necessary to assure proper operation. Please review these following points prior to the installation of the knob.
1. Loctite must be used when the knob is installed.
2. Using a tooth pick, paper clip or straight pin, push a drop or two of the Loctite down into the threaded hole of the handle spindle. Remove the excess from the side and top of the spindle.
3. Place some Loctite on the threads of the screw. The Loctite should cover the entire circumference of the screw.
4. Without installing the knob, tighten down the screw into the handle spindle, leaving about .25" of thread exposed. Wipe off the excess Loctite from the exposed area and from under the head of the screw. Let the screw/spindle set up for several hours.
5. Remove the screw from the spindle. There will be some resistance to the removal. This resistance is necessary in order to keep the knob rotating freely while keeping the screw and knob from locking down. The full setting time of the Loctite is 24 hours. Note, Loctite 242 Blue is not permanent and screw can be removed.
6. Proceed with the installation.
Attaching the New Knob.
Remove the Top Cap to the knob. Slide the new EVA knob containing 1 bushing (or bearing) in the bottom of the ALU stem onto the spindle of the reel handle. Place the second bushing (or bearing) and the Phillips screw into the top of the knob's cavity. Tighten the screw all the way down. If the knob does not rotate freely, just back off the screw a bit to permit free rotation.
If the Power Knob does not fit your reel, or you are not happy with your purchase, you may return the knob for a full refund.
You can bid in confidence - my 99.6% feedback rating speaks for itself. Furthermore, more than 30% of my customers are repeat customers.
* * * * * * *
Local Pickup: Local pick-up can be arranged.
Payment: Payment is by PayPal only. Please make your payment without receiving an invoice as the shipping process is keyed on and commences with the receipt of your PayPal payment. If you purchase several items, you may request an invoice prior to payment.
Feedback: Feedback will gladly be left upon receipt of your feedback.
Click here to see my other auctions.